Message Development from AASL
Although the following resources were developed to help librarians create talking points and responses to support ESSA, these can be used to develop any school library messaging campaigns. Other AASL resources specific to ESSA can be found at http://www.ala.org/aasl/advocacy/legislation/essa.
Sources and Examples of Talking Points
- "Talking Points for Promoting School Library Programs" From AASL's Toolkit for Promoting School Library Programs
- "Advocacy Talking Points" from the California School Library Assn.
- "Add It Up" From ALA's website under Research-Libraries Matter; includes talking points for both school and public libraries by age groups
- Talking Points: Young Learners in the Library Developed by IMLS
- Am. Assn. of School Librarians. Positions Statements American Association of School Librarians. Positions Statements