PA House Education Committee Hearing
Watch the School Library Hearing of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives Education Committee held on August 30, 2016. Rep. Stan Saylor, Chairman of the House Education Committee convened the hearing whhich was atended by Reps. Stephen McCarter, Thomas Quigley, Will Tallman, Harry Lewis, Pat Harkins, and Dan Truitt.
The following speakers presented to the committee the role of a 21st century librarian and the important position shool librarians fulfill in educating students.
- Allison Burrell, school librarian, Southern Columbia School District and President, PSLA
- Dr. Randy Ziegenfuss, Superintendent, Salisbury Township School District
- Kelly Gustafson, Coordinator of Elementary Education, Federal Programs, and Instruction for Greensburg Salem School District
- Dr. Cathi Fuhrman, Library Department Supervisor for Hempfield High School
- Megan Maloney, Kutztown University Library Sciences Major